My sister moved to Manchester in September for university and I've only just got around to visiting, I had already visited Manchester for 2 day trips in the past when she was attending interviews but didn't see too much of it. I don't know if it's only me but it seems so weird up there I don't even know why! Arrived there late Friday afternoon, we did some underwear shopping and then Beth bought a Samsung nx3000 the camera model before mine. We headed to her halls to get ready and drop stuff off and then we went out. Dinner was on the list first so we headed for Home Sweet Home in the Northern Quarter (the hippest place in MC). I ordered something I wouldn't usually order which was a chicken basket, fried chicken with chips and heaps of slaw! Was so tasty. We then headed to find some gin and ended up in a weird 90s themed bar/club, there was a mixture of people in there and I didn't get the name of it but I wouldn't recommend anyway. After leaving that dive we got on a bus (their busses make me miss Oyster cards) and headed for Font bar in Oxford Street. £2 cocktails, cute interior and they have over 100 types of craft beer so I was sold. Woke up on Saturday feeling ill with a throat infection and ached all over (not even a hangover). We didn't get out until gone 2pm so I took some medicine and hoped I could eat, we went to Federal Cafe/Bar and wow I was blown away (again ordered something I wouldn't usually order) halloumi and shrooms, poached eggs with a spiced tomato relish on sourdough bread, oh my tastebuds. We walked around Manchester shops for a few hours and even though I was tempted to spend money I resisted. Headed back because I wasn't getting any better and kicked back with a wicked cool takeaway from Southern 11 (thanks to deliveroo) fried chicken, fries, Mac and cheese and mini soft tacos! Oh and we watched The Mindy Project back to back. I had such a lovely time and I was sad to leave my baby sister standing alone at the station.












The 3 above pictures taken by Bakerie








1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Come and take beautiful Animated Gifs Free aquariums butterflies flowers waterfalls animals love ... Enjoy!
    Images Animated Gif
    A beautiful spring!

    ReplyDelete