10k

Last Sunday I ran my first ever race, a 10k around Victoria Park in East London. The run was hosted by Nike and I'm sure all you internet users have heard of it maybe from the hashtags #betterforit and #werunlondon. I was very nervous and I almost felt like I was going to chicken out. I didn't want to go on my own so I took my parents along which seemed to be a good fathers day treat. There were more girls than I expected and despite the fact my Spotify decided to play up before we set off I still managed to get pumped! 



I had only ever ran 10k once before and I completed it in 1 hour 7 minutes which I was of course happy with but this time around I aimed for 1 hour and I completed it in 1 hour 2 minutes (I had to stop at 6k for a wee, which was very disappointing). I am so pleased and proud of myself, it's still hard to believe I managed it. A few years ago this seemed impossible. I've come very far from 15 stone and couldn't be happier! (currently weighing 12, and can't seem to budge it). I will be doing a charity run in the near future!

A great day out, finishing with a sweet treat and coffee at Elbow




We all received a Birch BoxVita Coco Coconut Oil and an exclusive Alex Monroe necklace.


No comments:

Post a Comment