mother flipper street food london south burgers breakfast
Photo by Jack

A day in the life of a food Instagrammer...

So just incase you didn't know I'm the big sister of the "well known-ish" Mr Jack Baker... have you seen his Instagram? I'd recommend checking him out when you're not feeling hungry! 

street food london south eggs breakfast brockley bill or beak

So he asked if I wanted to check out some markets and I said yeah go for it. We headed to Brockley Market first a small-ish food market that takes place every Saturday, I had never heard of it before this day. I decided to go for the avocado on toasted sourdough topped with asparagus, curd, chicken egg and parmesan from Bill or Beak, such a tasty healthy breakfast. 

good and proper tea co brockley market south london street food
 Photo by Jack

To wash down the delicious breakfast I had a cup of 'Brockley Blend' from Good & Proper Tea Co, I'm not usually keen on take away tea but this tea was so good and worth the wait. Really wanted to try their sourdough crumpets as I've heard great things but was way too full up, next time!

market south london street food

market south london street food mother flipper brockley burger breakfast
Photo by Jack

Jack went for this beast of a breakfast burger from Mother Flipper, a double sausage patty, steamed cloched egg, potato rosti and candy bacon in an english toasted muffin. I was glad when he said he couldn't finish it all, it was probably the nicest breakfast burger i've ever tasted (now I'm trying to remember how many breakfast burgers I've even eaten..)

market south london street food weligama emily dodds druid street

market south london street food weligama emily dodds druid street

After filling ourselves up at Brockley we caught an Uber onto the next... Druid Street Market. I've been here once before but missed all the food which was a shame. After following Emily from Weligama for awhile on Instagram I finally got to try an egg hopper! (if you didn't know already I'm a huge egg lover) we went for the egg hopper served with pol sambal, seeni sambol and lemon pickle sided with pork curry. So tasty and flavoursome!

market south london street food tata eatery jack baker

market south london street food tata eatery druid street

Despite being full up at this point, we shared some Korean BBQ Chicken wings with coriander salsa and crushed peanuts from Tata Eatery.

market south london street food blu top ice cream druid street

market south london street food blu top ice cream druid street

After Jack had some deep fried oysters we moved on to the sweet thangs (finally..) and after longing for a Blu Top ice cream sandwich for.. well since my brother first came here I finally got to try one! We obviously doubled up and got the lemon curd + buttermilk and salty caramel ice cream sandwiched between snickerdoodle and red velvet cookies topped with choc chips. I was not disappointed however it was a bit too chilly for ice cream but we managed! 

market south london street food druid street fatties bakery
Photo by Jack

Fatties Bakery serving the tastiest sweet treats around.. no but seriously everything looks and tastes devine. Jack was lucky enough to have her make his birthday cake last year and wow it was amazing - look here - see I told you. 

Below are some salted caramel cornflake bocaditos that actually look too pretty to eat and above are caramel blondies. 

market south london street food druid street fatties bakery


  •  Brockley Market every Saturday 10am - 2pm (Lewisham Way, Brockley SE4 1UT)
  • Druid Street Market every Saturday 10am - 4pm (126 Druid St, London SE1 2HH)



Hope this inspires your Saturday, happy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment