A 'me' date

I have never ever done this before, ever. This morning I woke up with Rakesh at 7am, actually got out of bed, we had crumpets and tea and he left for work. I sat at the desk, opened illustrator and made some 'rough' copies of some ideas I had for Valentines cards. I got used to the idea that I was going to spend my day at this desk either thinking of things to blog about or making want lists (birthday coming up). After a week of rain and storms today was sunny and that's when I decided I wasn't going to spend today inside. 

On my commute to work I pass a nursery (a plant one) and I didn't know what it was called but I knew I wanted to visit one day. Today was perfect for it, I had to google map my train route to find out what it was called and then I set out. 'Alexandra Nurseries' in Penge.













It was more exciting than I thought it would be, there were plants everywhere and I thought wrong when I thought it was just a little garden centre. It was a cafe/shop too! I got lured into staying for lunch because of the smell of pesto. I went for a cheese, roasted peppers, pesto and spinach panini and an iced coffee which I decided to throw down my white jeans (woohoo). Whist taking my time eating this delicious panini I read the sample I previously downloaded of 'Paper Towns' and I throughly enjoyed it so now I'm going to buy the full book and finish it before watching the movie and getting disappointed.




 
After sitting there for a long time, I thought it was time to make a move. Across the road there is a sister store called 'Debris' a vintage antique salvage. Newly opened. Amongst all the vintage midcentury/industrial furniture there were cute houseplants scattered around. I struggled to chose a houseplant but in the end I went for a succulent which came in a cute terracotta planter all for a fiver.







 I spotted a Wilkinsons, went in and left with two cactuses and another house plant. After bus hoping my way closer to home I stopped at a print shop on the high street and printed out a 8x12 print of one of my doodles. I love it. Got home and did some plant repotting and sorting out and I've never ever done that before either and I really enjoyed it!

Today has been a great day and I really should do more things on my own instead of dwelling on the fact that everyone else is busy with plans and I'm not.

4 comments:

  1. Love these posts you do of your outings :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha really?! I can't write, I just read it back and it sounds weird ha!

      Delete
  2. Your photographs are amazing! I think it's nice to have dates by yourself , you can just take your time and do as you please without worrying about others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah thanks chloe! yes it was so good and i will be doing it again! x

    ReplyDelete