(Dress - Pull & Bear / Boots - ASOS)

24

Today has been an emotional rollercoaster, a sick day due to food poisoning or something followed by being so overwhelmed by the weekend just passed. Yesterday I turned 24. I've thought a lot about turning this age and it scared me. It's one year until I'm half way to 50. There's still so much I wanted to do before turning 25. Having my first place, a career that I love, and possibly a bubba (I know crazy right!). I don't have my own place, I live at my boyfriends parents. I don't have a career, I work part time at an auto/bike shop and I am no way near ready to have a bubba! In the recent years i've realised that i'm a huge dreamer, I don't have the money to fulfil my dreams in fact I have a lot of debt. I have only just started paying back my student overdraft and having £1900 left to pay it's already killing me. Rakesh and I have finally started our future saving pot too, how grown up and exciting. I feel like i'm really old now but I guess my life (grown up life) is just beginning!
 ----



I decided because I'm such a princess to celebrate my birthday over the coarse of the weekend, Friday with a few friends we headed to Lewisham Street Feast. Rakesh and I took gin and tonics for the journey and had a cheeky joint before entering just to enhance our appetites and met our friends inside. We started of with Yum Bun steamed buns, had some indian pizza things and Korean wings. It was such a fun evening drinking pints of beer and slighting bopping our heads along to the music around a fire pit.



(Top - Miss Selfridge / Jeans - ASOS / Sandals - Saltwaters)
 ----
(Dress - Topshop / Trainers - Stan Smiths)

Saturday was the big party night, I put on my new dress bought especially for the evening. Topshop striped number, I don't usually do Topshop but I couldn't resit these colours especially for the Hawaiian Bop event at Bussey Building. I managed to get most of my friends out celebrating, we always have such a fun night at Bussey! Rakesh and I got so into dancing to the Hawaiian Bop tunes that my stan smiths got covered in dirt and I ended up flinging my clutch bag over my head and everything went flying (yes I lost his passport, luckily they found it though). Obviously ended the night all sitting in a booth in the chicken shop, laughing away.

----

Nursing a hangover I dragged myself to my parents house and slumped myself into my mamas arms and we chatted for ages whist my dad slaved away preparing indian food for our indian style bbq. My dad is so cute, he set out the garden with lights, lanterns and pretty little flowers. I was only having my family friends and grandparents over but a lot of thought had gone in to it. I managed to slowly sip down a few gins without puking. My nan had made desserts and some delicious macaroons! (my fave) but the thing that took me back the most is that Rakesh walked out of the french doors holding a huge cupcake cake that he had made himself (with a little help from nan) but still! I felt like a child again, they sung happy birthday and I opened gifts, obviously going all shy. I'm the worst at opening presents I usually go around corners to hide or something. 


----

My actual birthday had arrived and I had felt like it had already been and gone weirdly. We both took the day off work and took our time in waking up, Rakesh went off to make us an Indian breakfast (my fave), it was delicious as always. The time had come for him to give me my gifts, their were three wrapped in front of me, a suitcase, a chest of small drawers and a travel mug. I kissed him thank you and he said Em open the case and I did and their were some more smaller gifts then he said Em open that compartment and I did and there in front of me was tickets to Marrakech for March! I literally hugged him for a good 20 minutes. Afterward he informed me that we were supposed to be going on a safari in the country somewhere but the weather was so crap but he had a back up plan and booked the Sky Garden but we couldn't get there because I had lost his passport. Instead of dwelling on what could have been we set out to London and spent some time deciding on what to actually do, we headed to Exmouth Market, to Gail's Bakery where we had some savouries and hot drinks. We then decided to move onto something harder and found a very cool pub called The Wilmington Arms, we sat in there for a few hours deciding on where to eat. We decided to head to Foxlow for mac and cheese and fried chicken, on the way we found Clerkenwell & Social and had some girly cocktails. He's literally sucha babe, I've never felt so spoilt ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment